Friday, 6 February 2015

How many calories did you waste today?

So I admit this sounds a *little* harsh but as I looked at my diary for the day I realised I had wasted around 170 calories today (or about 20 minutes on the exercise bike).

This is not a huge number I will grant you but they did not add anything to my day or my energy levels.

What do I mean by wasted calories? The lightly flavoured water I had in Itsu with my lunch added 60 calories (sparking water would have been 0) and my skinny cappuccino at the BBC was around 110 (an Americano with milk would have been around 30).  I for one never count a treat such as a piece of cake as a waste.  I think the worst thing to do when losing weight or trying to be healthy is to totally deprive yourself of treats; it increases your propensity to binge and frankly just makes you miserable!

This all goes back to the concept that small changes make the difference. If I wasted 170 calories like that every day it would equate to about 1200 calories a week or about three brownies!  I would rather have the three brownies!

This infographic from the Daily Mail probably says it better than I do...



So, what do you tend to waste calories on? What are your tips for breaking the habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment