Saturday, 14 June 2014

Getting back to fitness

2014 hasn't been one of my best so far in terms of fitness. 

At the end of 2013 I didn't fully fight off a bug and it has recurred ever since, wreaking havoc with my ability to train or have the energy to cook healthily. The result of this, plus a very very busy and stressful spell at work has been about 6kg weight gain. Reading about I have realised that weight increase again can be a very normal part of the battle to keep it down - weight off doesn't mean off for good. Taking your finger off the pulse for even a few months can undo years of work. And this is what has happened to me in part.

It was really starting to get me down. Clothes getting too tight, face shape changing. This is one of the worst things as it becomes even harder to motivate yourself. What is the point you think. I can't possibly run now. I decided it was enough with excuses and I could!

So, I have given myself a firm talking to, I have logged back into MyFitnessPal and I am on my way back down. I need to lose 10kg to get back to my recent smallest which may be a bit of a feat but 6kg - 12lbs?  BRING ON THE TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment