Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Squash, courgette and lentil soup

Inspired by my visit to Local Hero in Kingston where sweet potato and courgette soup was the special of the day, I turned my hand to this.



Firstly my mistake; I had never tried a form of squash which wasn't butternut squash before and I bought a kabocha squash in waitrose thinking it might be easier to prepare than a butternut squash.  I was wrong. To the point where half the squash went to waste which was very unusual for me.

Ingredients:
1/2 peeled kabocha squash
1 courgette
1/2 red onion
50g lentils
1 handful fresh coriander
1.5 litre vegetable stock 

Method:
Chop and boil the onion, courgette and squash in the vegetable stock.  Add the lentils and boil until soft. Add the coriander and blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment