Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Savoury Muffins

I discovered the recipe for these on a girly weekend to Cornwall to visit my fabulous godmother.  She is not one for cooking (which she will freely admit) which is why I was shocked and delighted to discover that with her new lodger had come a library of cookery books, each one jam packed full of delicious recipes crying out to me.  I was of course especially delighted when I saw this contained one of my rapidly becoming favourite foods: Butternut Squash!

I have made these muffins a couple of times now, the first time more successfully than the second but they were delicious nonetheless!  I enjoyed heating these up and serving as my main meal with some salad as well as having one cold for a healthy, filling lunch on-the-go.

Ingredients:
100g Peeled Butternut Squash
100g Grated Courgettes
250g Grated Onions
100g Finely Chopped Red Pepper
100g Shredded Spinach
100g Canned Sweetcorn
75ml Vegetable Oil
225g Low Fat Cheese
225g Self Raising Flour
4 Eggs

Method:
Steam and mash the Butternut Squash.

Place all other vegetables (once prepared) with the oil and cheese in a mixing bowl and fold in the flour and Butternut Squash.  Whisk the eggs then fold through.

If making large muffins such as the photo above this recipe will make 6-8 and will take 45 mins to bake.  If making smaller, fairy cake sized this will make 12-16 and take 20 mins to cook.

Calories per portion (large muffins): 330

No comments:

Post a Comment